Who We Are
Where we came From
Metric Cables was first established in 1979 in the centre of Johannesburg. 11 years later the business had grown to the stage where larger premises was needed, and in 1998 operations were moved to Meadowdale, a suburb approximately 16kms east of Johannesburg’s city centre.
The advantages of the move have been many. Instead of traversing busy city streets with deliveries the new premises is conveniently located right next to the main highway, and a mere 5 minutes from Johannesburg’s International O.R. Tambo International Airport.
With close to 4 decades in the cabling industry, Metric Cables has seen many business trends come and go. We believe that our focus on Service is how we have become, and will stay, one of South Africa’s major cable distributors.
Our SERVICE is achieved by keeping our prices competitive, consistently improving our knowledge and always focusing on our customers’ needs.
Metric Cables can manufacture locally specialised cables for unique applications and requirements. We maintain a high stock level and a broad variety of electrical cables and we take extreme pride in our turnaround times on deliveries.
Our sales team is committed to offering you top quality products, technical expertise, and prompt deliveries. We are also on call 24/7 via our office telephone line.
What We Do
Metric Cables is one of South Africa's major suppliers of local and imported cables.
We only manufacture and import cables that are tried and tested, according to SABS and Din VDE standards and the factories all have ISO 9000 quality standard
Our product range includes, but not exclusively:
- HEAVY DUTY FLEXIBLE RUBBER TRAILING CABLES
- For mining, tunnelling, harbour, shovels and drills, offshore and all industries.
- Systems orientated power, telecommunication and data transmission.
- Reticulation, reeling and coal cutters, flexible cables for excavators, stackers, conveyors, loaders, gentry cranes and continuous miners, incorporating fibre optics and rotary transmitter connectors.
- A specialized Joint/Renewal can be done on our cable with an end result of the same O.D. and strength.
- NEOPRENE RUBBER TRAILING CABLES
- NSHTOU J
- PVC NITRILE TRAILING CABLE
- WELDING CABLES
- PVC Nitrile
- Neoprene (Rubber)